Hugo is a brand of AMG Medical, a company that specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of mobility accessories and walking aids for the elderly, patients recovering from surgery or injury, or patients coping with illness. One of the company’s product is the Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat. It is designed with a backrest and a saddle bag. The product is designed with the user’s needs and convenience in mind.
Basics about Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat
Product name: Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, backrest, and Saddle Bag
Price: the best promotion I found is $US 127.99 on Amazon (with free shipping)
Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Fits Most People Between: 4’3″ – 6’2″
Handle Height Adjustments (handle to floor): 2’6″ – 3’3″
Wheel Size: 8″
Item Weight: 17.0 lbs.
Seat Width: 12.0″
Seat Depth: 12.0″
Seat Height (seat to floor): 20.0″ – 22.0″
Assembled Dimensions (open): 27.5″ x 24.0″ x 30.0″
Assembled Dimensions (folded): 18.0″ x 24.0″ x 30.0″
Width Between Handlebars: 17.5″
What makes Hugo Elite Rollator Walker different from most types of walkers?
The Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat is different from most types of walkers for its distinguishing rollator feature. That allows the walker to gracefully glide through a surface with its specially designed set of four wheels. The Rollator technology is designed to make walking aids more convenient and easy to use.
The Hugo Elite Rollator Walker consists of four, eight inch, swivel wheels built from quality durable materials that allow the walker to safely glide on any type of surface. The swivel wheels adjust at various angles for easy control of speed and direction. While the wheels’ durable materials provide enough traction for the walker to safely glide on a surface such wooden floors, tiles, and concrete.
The wheels are designed in built-in brakes that are controlled using the walker handles. It provides easy access and control and has an easy grip ergonomic design.
It also has a built-in seat and backrest that is two inches in height. Both the seat and backrest are adjustable and can support a body weight of up to 300 pounds.
If you are looking for added mobility and portability, the Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat is also built with a foldable design. This walking aid, in its folded state, is compact and can fit in any standard sized car trunk.
Its added features include an easy squeeze lock located at the handle that adjusts the walker to lock position, easily accessible brakes, and hidden storage bag.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the design and features of the Hugo Elite Rollator Walker includes
- The Hugo Elite Rollator Walker is really designed for mobility and convenient use. It is an ideal mobility solution for patients who are recovering from injury or surgery, or patients with conditions such as arthritis or osteoporosis, and an ideal mobility and walking aid for the elderly.
- The swivel wheels that can be controlled using the handles provides easy access and control. It is also foldable which makes it easy to transport or store.
- The brakes add sufficient traction and are easy to control. It works well on most types of surfaces and can be conveniently used both outdoors and indoors.
- The swivel wheels make it easier to turn in sharp corners or edges.
- The built-in seat and backrest add more comfort and convenience as it provides a feature for patients to rest during long walks. It is built to carry weights of up to 300 pounds.
- Compartments such as a front pocket, saddle bag, and hidden compartment make it more convenient to use in various activities such as walking outdoors or when shopping at the mall.
- The foldable design of Hugo Elite Rollator Walker, though may be compact, may also be too heavy for an elderly or an injured patient to carry or load to a vehicle.
- It also lacks a more secure snap on the lock to hold the equipment in place when it is in its folded state.
- The wheels and brakes and traction that it provides may be ideal for flat surface only. This may not be ideal to use on the surface with a downhill angle as the wheels may cause the walker to accelerate and may be difficult to handle even with the easy access locks and brakes.
- The seat and backrest may have been designed as rest seat during physical exercise or physical therapy sessions only. The materials and the design of the seat and backrest may not be ideal for long periods of rest. The design itself may not be that durable and may not be able to hold body weight for extended periods of time.
Where can I buy it the Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, Backrest, and Saddle Bag?
Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, backrest, and Saddle Bag is available in Amazon, eBayWalgreens, and Costco. You can also order this item online or via phone thru various authorized distributors.
There are a lot of restrictions on international sales and shipping of medical supplies. Remember, before buy it check that the product is available in your country.
At the time I’m writing this review the prize is just $US 127.99 with free shipping.
There are hundreds of other websites where you can find the Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, but most of them are just people reselling the product purchased at Amazon or from the manufacturer. In this last situation, they never have Amazon’s negotiation power to get the best price.
Verdict: recommended product, especially for those that can’t walk for too long and need frequent stops and rest.